Today’s Beauty on a Budget blog focuses on going bare face (without makeup) to save money and discusses a heated statistic found. Be a part of the conversation and read more.
During an early morning commute, I was floored to hear from the radio that nearly half of all women have negative feelings about their image when not wearing makeup and link going “bare face” with being unattractive. The survey conducted on behalf of The Renfrew Center also found that one-quarter of the sampled group of women started wearing makeup at age 13 or younger.
These statistics are being used to start a national campaign, entitled Barefaced & Beautiful, where women will be encouraged to go au natural on Without Makeup Mondays. Researchers are concerned with these findings because they believe it shows that women are depending heavily on makeup, using it as a security blanket instead of a tool for enhancement, and are concealing a bigger picture – poor self-image and self-esteem.
Do you think these findings are accurate? Do you feel insecure without makeup? Answer with a comment below.
This topic leads me into my Beauty on a Budget blog post for today: places to go au natural to save money. Here goes:
- At home: As soon as you get home from work, wipe away all the makeup to give your skin some breathing room. It will help lessen breakouts, and you’ll feel more comfortable.
- At the gym: Sweat plus makeup equals clogged pores and major breakouts. Give your skin a health boost, too, when you workout makeup-free. If you don’t feel comfortable at your gym without makeup, you may want to find somewhere that you do.
- At the beach: The salt water is an excellent source for exfoliating your skin. So why put makeup on? Forgo makeup and opt for just sunscreen.
- At the grocery store: You’re just shopping for groceries, no need to cake on makeup for the cashier. Leave the makeup at home and walk with confidence through the aisles.
- Walking your pet: You’ll be exercising, so you’ll want to leave your pores completely free of makeup. Plus, the outdoors would love to meet your bare face.
- While cooking: The steam from cooking will open your pores and produce oil. Don’t wear makeup when you cook to avoid breakouts.
- Visiting friends: True friends love you for who you are! Why not give them a peek at the natural you?
And if you follow these beauty tips, you’ll save even more money on makeup because you’ll be using less of it!
Until next time, stay beautiful on a budget.