What type of garage sale hunter are you? Take the Quiz!
The hunt – it calls to you. The chance to run into hidden antiques, vintage clothes, or other garage sale goodies gives you the thrill to wake up in time for garage sailing. Or maybe you’re more of the leisurely type that stops every once in awhile? Find out what skill level you are at when it comes to the ultimate hunt, finding garage sale treasures.
1) What time do you leave your house to go garage sale hunting?
- Early morning
2) What do you typically bring on the hunt?
- Cash, map, bag for items, and a list of items you’re looking for
- Whatever is in your wallet
3) How do you find garage sales?
- Look in the Pennysaver, search PennySaverUSA.com online classifieds, and the local newspaper
- Search the classifieds and drive around looking for signs
- Driving by sales on the way to weekend plans
4) When was the last time you found something worthwhile at a garage sale?
- A few weeks ago
- A few months back
- A year or longer
5) You’d consider yourself a…
- Pro Haggler
- So-so Haggler
- Non-existent Haggler
6) Your garage sale outfit usually consists of…
- Comfy clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Jeans and a t-shirt
- Flip-flops and shorts
7) A garage seller says “no” to your first offer. You?
- Start looking for items to bundle with the one you want
- Pay the price the seller wants
- Move on without batting an eye
Mostly 1′s….You’re a Pro Hunter
You head out early to get first dibs on everything, and you’re packed like an ATM in case you find a gold mine. There has been countless times you’ve found items worth bragging about. You even prepare ahead of time by looking at the Pennysaver classifieds. You haggle till you’re out of breath, and you dress the part — comfy and cool. The art of bundling? Piece of cake! You always walk away with what you want and a few things you can repurpose into gifts for some lucky family members. You are the most pro of garage sale hunters out there.
Mostly 2′s…You’re a Garage Sale Dabbler
Dedicating every weekend to garage sale hunting? Puh-lease! You dedicate a week here and there to go garage sailing. And over the years, you’ve picked up a few tricks of the trade. For one, mid-morning is still a great time to find treasures, cause you prioritize your beauty sleep above garage sales. You know to look at the PennySaverUSA.com online classifieds before heading out, but you’re still tempted to keep driving around to find spontaneous sales. Every few months, you’ll find something unbelievable and get refocused, but the winner’s high runs out pretty quick. Yup, you’re a gar
age sale dabbler.
Mostly 3′s…You’re Clueless (about Garage Sales)
Okay, so garage sales are not your thing. That’s okay, we’re sure you have other admirable traits. But when it comes to garage sales, you stop occasionally when you see a sign, you aren’t always carrying the right amount of money to buy, and you’re wearing what you’re wearing on the way to your bigger weekend plans. Once in a blue moon,
you’ll find something, not the most valuable, but the most meaningful to you. And if you have to leave it behind, you’re not regretting the buy at all. You’re clueless about garage sales.
Whether you’re a pro or a newbie, you can learn valuable advice from our garage sale pros. Be sure and check out our Garage Sale Tips; we’ll bring you up to pro status quick.